ACCESS CODES OVERVIEW
FLASH PARCS offers the option for transient parkers to enter the parking facility with an access code, which is linked to a price. Typically this option is used to offer a discounted price to a group of parkers. When the parker enters the PIN at an entry kiosk, the kiosk will provide a barcoded ticket for the parker to take and enter the facility. This barcoded ticket will be scanned at the exit kiosk.
Transient Access Code Process
1. The parker receives an access code from the parking operator before arriving at the facility.
2. At the entry kiosk, the parker taps Other Access Options then I have an Access Code.
3. The parker uses the touchscreen keypad to enter the access code.
4. The entry kiosk will print a barcodes ticket and the gate will vend. The parker will use the kiosk-printed barcoded ticket to exit the facility.
Providing the Access Code is a manual process. FLASH does not provide a system to communicate the assigned access code.
Create Access Code
1. Go to https://portal.flashvalet.com and log in to the Admin Portal.
2. Select the Locations tab on the left menu and choose a location.
3. Select the Non-Burnable Coupons tab on the top menu.
4. Click Add New and enter the Coupon Name.
5. Select a price in the drop-down menu. (The price should be configured beforehand see the Price Creation guide for further instructions.)
6. (Optional) Set a Valid From and To date/time to limit the validity of this Access Code.
7. Input the four or five digital numeric code. This is the assigned Access Code used at the kiosk.
8. (Optional) If the coupon should only be used at entry a set number of times enter the numbered of allowed times in the Max Uses field.
9. Select Save.
If the location is configured with Logical Zones, the Access Code can be limited to only work in certain zones.