CASHIER KIOSK WITH EQUIPMENT
The Cashier Kiosk enables cash transactions not supported by the FLASH Valet Pro app. An onsite attendant, equipped with an employee barcode/QR code, is required to process the cash transaction. This mode can be used for entry (pay on entry), or exit (pay on exit) payment flows. This article provides an overview of the cashier kiosk hardware, operational requirements, and transactions.
The items and personnel below are necessary to operate the cashier kiosk.
- Cashier Kiosk Kit (running FLASH PARCS 188.8.131.52 or later)
- Onsite attendant
- Assigned employee barcode (See here to learn how to set up an employee barcode)
The Cashier Kiosk kit includes the components below:
- MSR Credit Card Reader
- HID iClass Prox Card Reader
- Hengstler C-56 Thermal Printer
- Zebra Barcode Scanner (external, non-mounted)
- FLASH Controller
- LED monitor (HDMI connection)
- Cash Drawer (ethernet connection)
The Cashier Kiosk has a small switch located on the right-hand side. This switch has the two positions below.
- Cashier: Allows the onsite attendant to complete transactions.
- Kiosk: Allows the parker to complete their transaction using the kiosk in the lane.
Process a transaction
The process below outlines a transaction with the Cashier Kiosk.
1. At the Amount Due screen, the customer informs the attendant they’re paying cash.
2. The attendant scans their employee barcode. To learn how to set up an employee barcode, refer to Set Up an Employee Barcode.
3. On the Enter Amount screen, the attendant enters the amount tendered or taps Exactly if the exact amount is provided.
4. If the amount tendered is more than the amount due, the Cash Change screen appears to ensure the attendant gives the correct change amount.
5. The attendant taps Go, then the gate vends. If the kiosk is at the exit, the exit screen appears and gives the option to print a receipt for the parker.
If in PrePay mode at entry, the kiosk prints a barcoded transient ticket after prepayment is made. The parker scans this ticket on exit to leave the facility.