Monthly Barcode Setup
FLASH PARCS offers the option to convert RFID data into a barcode format. This provides a flexible, low-cost credential solution. Use the guidelines below to help you create a monthly account barcode credential.
The monthly account RFID field must contain data. The system does not require a viable RFID Card number, any numeric data can be entered with the following format: number-colon-number.
- Example: 183:123456
- If issuing prox cards the RFID data should read “facility code:card number”
See the Monthly Account article on How to Add RFID Credentials to an account.
- Use a unique prefix number to identify barcode-only accounts.
- Don’t issue sequential credential numbers.
You must create the barcode through an external source, we recommend the website www.barcode.tec-it.com, or contacting a 3rd party vendor.
- Use the PDF417 or QR barcode option.
- Use the Create Sequence option to create multiple barcodes. (Up to 10 at a time using the free version).
- Print on a matte finish material, a glossy finish may interfere with scanning.
- Parkers can present the image on their smartphone and scan it at the kiosk.