FLASH PARCS supports a Mobile QR code access credential and a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) option through the ParkWhiz mobile app. Monthly parkers can scan a provided QR code or use the BLE option to open the gate when within Bluetooth range of the kiosk all from the ParkWhiz app (iOS and Android).
The Monthly Parker’s mobile number must be added to the monthly account prior to app setup.
To set up the app and activate monthly parking access, follow the steps below.
Download the App
- Download the ParkWhiz app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app and follow the "Let's Get Started" prompts. Location services and notifications are not required to use the BLE function.
Activate Monthly Parking Access
- On the bottom, tap More > Activate Monthly Parking > Get Monthly Parking.
- In the text message screen that appears, send the automatically generated code composed in the text message.
- The system will respond via text message confirming the device has been registered and the app will confirm with a Success screen.
- On the pop-up message that appears, tap OK to allow the app to use your device’s Bluetooth.
Bluetooth must be enabled on the mobile device to use the BLE access credential option.
Use the ParkWhiz App
With the vehicle at arm's length from the kiosk, follow the steps below to open the gate with the ParkWhiz app.
- Open the ParkWhiz app.
- Use either of the options below to open the gate.
- Scan the QR code on the kiosk's laser barcode reader.
- For the BLE option, while in the Home tab, tap/slide the Slide to Open Gate button.