Validation Accounts require a login credential to access either the Validation Portal or FlashValet app to process validations or coupons. The accounts are set with either a unique username and password or a group of validators can share a login credential and use an assigned PIN to differentiate between users for reporting or auditing purposes. In addition, each Validation Account is set with specific Validation Portal access and assigned Validation/Coupon Prices.
Validation Account Set Up (No PIN Requirement)
Create the Validation Account Username and Password
1. Go to https://portal.flashvalet.com and log in to the Admin Portal.
2. Select the Validation Accounts tab on the left menu.
3. Click Add New.
4. Enter a validation account username in the Email Address field.
Does not have to be a valid email ex: email@example.com
5. Enter a first and last name.
6. Choose the Location in the drop-down menu.
7. Enter a password and repeat.
8. Select Save.
Set the Validator Access Type
9. Select the Locations tab on the left menu and choose the location.
10. Select the Validators tab in the drop-down menu and click Add New.
11. Enter the validator account user's first and last name.
12. Enter the previously entered Email Address from Step 4.
13. Check at least one Validation access type.
14. (Optional) Select a Department. Departments are used to group Validators together for bill back reporting purposes.
15. (Optional) Enter the Expiry Days. Enter a default and Max to allow a selection of an Expiration Date for validation or coupon barcodes.
16. Select Save.
Validator Access Type Settings and Descriptions
|Can Validate||This setting should always be checked to enable validation access. It will give the validator account access to validate Transient tickets in real-time by entering the ticket number. |
|Can Apply Coupons||If the location is enabled with coupons, this allows the validator to apply coupon discounts to a Transient ticket.|
|Can Request Vehicle||This setting is specifically used for FLASH Valet location and allows users to log into the validation portal to request a customer vehicle, alerting valet attendants to pull the car. |
|Can Add Users||This setting can be used for Validator setup using the PIN requirement. It gives the validator account the ability to create other validator accounts with limitations. |
|Can Print Validation||Access to print barcoded validations that the validator user has been assigned. |
|Can Print Coupons||Access to print barcoded coupons that the validator user has been assigned. |
|Can Validate Mobile||This setting is not used and will add additional functionality to the validator account. |
|Can Open Gate||Allows the user to vend a PARCS gate if logged into the FLASH Valet app with Validator credentials.|
|Default Expiry Days||Sets an expiration option with printed validations or coupons. Must be used in conjunction with Maximum Expiry Days. |
|Maximum Expiry Days||Sets an expiration option with printed validations or coupons. Must be used in conjunction with Default Expiry Days.|
|Department||Departments can be assigned for validation bill back reporting purposes. |
Assign Validation Prices
14. Select the Validation Accounts tab from the left menu to complete the setup.
15. Select the created validation account.
16. Check Validator Skip PIN.
17. Check applicable validation prices or coupons to link to the Validation account.
18. Select Save.