Validation Accounts require a login credential to access either the Validation Portal or FlashValet app to process validations or coupons. The accounts are set with either a unique username and password or a group of validators who share a login credential and use an assigned PIN to differentiate between users for reporting or auditing purposes. In addition, each Validation Account is set with specific Validation Portal access and assigned Validation/Coupon Prices.
Validation Account with PIN Set Up
Create the Validation Account Username and Password
1. Go to https://portal.flashvalet.com and log in to the Admin Portal.
2. Select the Validation Accounts tab on the left menu.
3. Click Add New.
4. Enter the shared validation account username in the Email Address field.
5. Enter a first and last name to label the group account.
6. Choose the Location in the drop-down menu.
7. Enter a password and repeat.
8. Select Save.
Assign Validation Prices
9. After saving the Validation account info, hit refresh to view the available validation prices or coupons.
10. Check applicable validation prices or coupons to link to the Validation account.
11. Select Save.
12. Select the Locations tab on the left menu and choose the location.
13. Select the Validators tab in the drop-down menu and click Add New.
14. Enter the individual validator account user's first and last name.
15. Enter the validator's individual Email Address or Mobile to receive the Validation PIN.
Must be a valid email or mobile to recieve the PIN.
16. Check at least one Validation access type.
17. (Optional) Select a Department. Departments are used to group Validators together for bill back reporting purposes.
18. (Optional) Enter the Expiry Days. Enter a default and Max to allow a selection of an Expiration Date for validation or coupon barcodes.
19. Select Save.
Repeat steps 12-19 to add more validators with an assigned PIN.
Validator Access Type Settings and Descriptions
|Can Validate||This setting should always be checked to enable validation access. It will give the validator account access to validate Transient tickets in real-time by entering the ticket number.|
|Can Apply Coupons||If the location is enabled with coupons, this allows the validator to apply coupon discounts to a Transient ticket.|
|Can Request Vehicle||This setting is specifically used for FLASH Valet location and allows users to log into the validation portal to request a customer vehicle, alerting valet attendants to pull the car. |
|Can Add Users||This setting can be used for Validator setup using the PIN requirement. It gives the validator account the ability to create other validator accounts with limitations. |
|Can Print Validation||Access to print barcoded validations that the validator user has been assigned. |
|Can Print Coupons||Access to print barcoded coupons that the validator user has been assigned. |
|Can Validate Mobile||This setting is not used and will add additional functionality to the validator account. |
|Can Open Gate||Allows the user to vend a PARCS gate if logged into the FLASH Valet app with Validator credentials.|
|Default Expiry Days||Sets an expiration option with printed validations or coupons. Must be used in conjunction with Maximum Expiry Days. |
|Maximum Expiry Days||Sets an expiration option with printed validations or coupons. Must be used in conjunction with Default Expiry Days.|
|Department||Departments can be assigned for validation bill back reporting purposes. |