Sorry! nothing found for
Modified on Sat, 31 Dec 2022 at 07:00 PM
The cash machine is implemented as an add-on piece of equipment to the FLASH kiosk. It provides an automated, efficient, and more secure way to manage cash payments for parkers. This article provides an overview of the cash machine including it's menus, specifications, and troubleshooting steps.
Follow the steps below to access the Admin Menu.
1. At the bottom of the main kiosk screen, double tap the Powered by FLASH logo.
2. At the login screen, enter your FLASH username and password, then tap go.
The options below are available at the Admin Menu.
At the Admin Menu, tap CASH MANAGEMENT to access the cash management options and information below.
To print a Cash Status receipt with a summary of cash in the cash machine, tap Print Receipt. Refer to Receipts (page 10) for more details.
To load cash for change, follow the steps below.
1. Tap Load Cash for Dispensing Change.
2. When the dialog window below appears on screen, and the green light on the cash machine is on, insert the bills one at a time.
3. Once the last bill is loaded, tap OK on the dialog screen. The system will return to the Cash Management screen and a Cash Loaded receipt will print. This receipt shows the exact number of bills inserted during the transaction.
EMPTY EXCESS CASH
This option moves all cash in excess of the set float amount from the recylcer to the cashbox. The float amount remains in the recycler, eliminating the need to reload the machine with change as frequently.
For example: The float amount for $1 bills is set to 20. Throughout daily operations, the recycler accumulates fifty $1 bills. When you tap Empty Excess Cash Only, the machine moves the excess thirty $1 bills into the cashbox and leaves 20 bills in the recycler.
To empty excess cash, follow the steps below.
1. Tap Empty Excess Cash Only.
2. Tap Yes.
This option is used to remove the cashbox. The items below are required to remove the cashbox.
1. Insert the black Secure Chassis key into the lock located in the top right corner of the Cash Machine.
2. After unlocking the Cash Machine, use the 3/8 T-handle included in the BNR Hardware Kit to access the inside of the Cash Machine.
3. When prompted, tap Remove Cashbox > Yes, then follow the dialog box instructions.
4. Insert the yellow key and turn it clockwise.
5. Push the yellow lever up to unlock the cashbox.
6. Pull the yellow handle and remove the cashbox.
You can remove the cash from the cash box and reinsert it, or you can replace the cashbox with an empty one and remove the cash from the full one elsewhere. To empty and replace the cashbox, follow the steps below:
1. Use the red key to open the cashbox, and remove the cash. Be sure to remove all bills, any bills that aren’t removed will cause reconcilliation anomalies.
2. Insert the cashbox and push it firmly into it’s slot until it snaps into place. You’ll hear an audible click when it snaps into place.
If the cashbox doesn't snap into place, the cashbox needs to be reopened with the red key to reset the locking mechanism. Be mindful of any wires that may be inhibiting the cashbox.
1. Push down the yellow lever on the cashbox.
2. Insert the yellow key and turn it counter clockwise to lock the cashbox, then remove the yellow key. The cashbox will do a mechanical rest and return all cashbox totals to zero.
3. Close the cash machine door and lock the 3 latches.
4. Remove the cash out receipt from the kiosk printer.
5. Tap Cancel to return the kiosk to the customer facing screen.
This option should only be used if the cashbox was physically removed without correctly initiating or completing the cashbox removal process in the previous section. To reset the cashbox counters to zero, follow the steps below.
1. Tap Reset CashBox.
2. On the dialog box that opens, confirm that you are resetting the cashbox only if the cashbox was not previously removed correctly. If this is the case, tap YES.
3. Confirm that all cashbox totals are reset to zero in the cash management menu.
4. Remove the cash out receipt from the printer.
This feature disables the cash machine to ensure that the internal components are protected and secure during transport. If the cash machine needs to be transported, or shipped for maintenance, follow the steps below.
1. Tap Disable Cash Machine for Transport.
2. In the window that opens, type the word “Park” to confirm that you’re ready to disable the cash machine.
3. Tap Go. It should take about 4 minutes for the machine to coil its internal components for transport.
4. On the cash machine’s power supply, flip the power switch to the off position.
5. Disconnect the USB and power cables from the cash machine.
There are several types of receipts that the print to provide a summary of cash in the cash machine.
The cash status receipt prints when you tap Print Receipt in the cash management menu. This receipt provides a summary of all cash currently in the cash machine, and the location name, time/date, and the username of the administrator that printed the receipt.
This receipt prints automatically when you load cash for change. It provides a summary of cash loaded, all cash currently in the cash machine, and the location name, time/date, and the username of the administrator that printed the receipt.
This receipt prints automatically when you reinsert the cashbox after removal. This receipt provides a summary of cash removed, all cash currently in the cash machine, and the location name, time/date, and the username of the administrator that printed the receipt.
FLASH PARCS can be configured so that multiple email addresses receive email alerts. This helps you easily monitor the state of the cash machine. See examples of these alerts below.
The alerts below are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cash machines have the specifications below.
If a bill that isn't a designated denomination is inserted into the cash machine, it is automatically dropped into the cashbox.
To connect the cash machine, follow the steps below.
1. Plug the cash machine’s power supply into the cash machine.
2. Connect the power cord to the power outlet.
3. Turn on the power switch on the power supply.
4. Connect the USB Extension Cable to the cash machine and plug the USB-A to the USB hub inside the kiosk.
5. When the blinking red lights on the cash acceptor and cashbox(s) turn green, continue to the cash management screen.
When you connect the cash machine for the first time, save the packaging and keep it in a secure place. If the cash machine needs to be shipped for maintenance in the future use this packaging
Follow the troubleshooting steps below based on the issue you’re experiencing.
1. Open the top lid (Main Module) of the cash machine and remove any visible bills, then close the lid.
2. Open the backing of the cash machine and remove any visible bills, then close the lid.
3. Open the lid of the Spine Module on the back of the machine, remove any visible bills, then close the lid.
4. Remove the cashbox, then remove any visible bills that are in the cash machine in the cashbox slot. Reinsert the cashbox.
5. Log in to the Cash Management menu on the kiosk, then tap Cash Management to reset the machine.
6. Check to see if the indicator light has stopped blinking red. If the cashbox won’t lock into place, verify that the cashbox is securely shut. This may take a slight tap to ensure that all latches on the cashbox are closed.
7. Check the indicator light above the cashbox keyhole. If the light is not green, remove the cashbox, then reopen it, close it and reinsert it. If the cashbox was removed for any reason, it will have to be opened and then closed again to reset the locking mechanism.
1. Verify that the Cash Machine is plugged in and switched on. If the cash machine is on and receiving power, the green lights on the front of the cash machine will be on.
2. Open the Cash Machine enclosure and verify that all indicator lights internally are green.
3. Make sure that the recycler’s power supply is on.
4. Make sure that the USB cable is seated properly in the corresponding USB hub in the kiosk.
5. If the cash machine is blinking red, follow the steps in the section above.
1. Check that the printer has paper. If not, replace the paper.
2. If the cashbox was removed without following the steps in the REMOVE CASHBOX section, make sure the cashbox is inserted correctly and follow the steps to RESET THE CASHBOX.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Let us know how can we improve this article! *
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article