Sorry! nothing found for
Modified on Sat, 31 Dec 2022 at 07:00 PM
The FLASH Controller is the brains behind the kiosk. It’s a compact computer that contains the configurations and imaging for the FLASH system and allows for remote connectivity, advanced troubleshooting, and software updates to be pushed to the kiosk.
Use the steps below to troubleshoot common FLASH Controller issues. If the troubleshooting process seems overwhelming at any point, or you’re uncomfortable with continuing, please reach out to FLASH Support.
Locate and identify the components below before you begin troubleshooting.
Continue below based on the issue you’re experiencing and follow the troubleshooting steps.
Follow the steps below until the issue is resolved.
1. Unplug the 2.5mm jack at the bottom right of the controller and plug it back into the controller port. There will be an audible click once the cable is secure.
2. Ensure all connections on the upper USB hub are connected.
1. Ensure that all connections to the screen are secure. The HDMI cable can be difficult to plug in on the end connected to the screen.
1. The configuration of the FLASH Controller is likely incorrect. Contact FLASH Support.
1. Ensure that the ethernet cable at the bottom of the FLASH Controller is secure.
2. Trace the ethernet cable to the other end. This could lead to a dumb switch, a PoE switch, and ethernet extender, or a network room.
3. To confirm that the FLASH Controller is connected to the network, look at the screen and find the status bar under the FLASH logo. If the middle bar is grey, then the kiosk is offline and there is a network issue.
1. Ensure that the connection from the splitter to the FLASH Controller is secure.
2. Swap out the splitter with a new one or one that is known to work. If the issue isn’t resolved, then the port on the FLASH Controller is bad. If this is the case, contact FLASH Support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Let us know how can we improve this article! *
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article